How to install a template for Drupal
Installing Drupal Themes
- Access your Web server using an FTP client or Web server administration tools.
- Create a folder for your specific theme under "<YourSiteFolder>/themes/" folder within Drupal installation.
For example: <YourSiteFolder>/themes/<MyNewTheme>
- Copy or upload theme files purchased from ColorfulTemplates into the newly created <MyNewTheme>folder.
- Log in to your Drupal Administration.
- Go to Drupal Administration -> Appearance
- Select your newly uploaded theme from the list of available themes for your site.
- Click the "Save configuration" button to save your changes.
After installing please go to Drupal Administration -> Appearance, enable and set default the theme.
VERY IMPORTANT: To make sure that your template looks identical to how it appears on ColorfulTemplates, it is absolutely imperative that you enable "Include Content".
On the other hand "Include Content" might delete your old content, so make sure you have made a backup.
To install sample content as seen on ColorfulTemplates please do the following:
- Browse for your specific theme folder in the Drupal installation navigating sites\all\themes.
For example: <DrupalFolder>\sites\all\themes\<YourThemeName>.
- Find the art_content.zip and unzip it to a folder.
- Move the unzipped art_content folder to sites\all\modules.
- Go to Drupal Administration -> Configuration -> Content Authoring -> ColorfulTemplates Content Import.
- Enable "ColorfulTemplates Content Import" and click the "Import" button.
NOTE: When installing ColorfulTemplates template to Drupal for the first time, please enable the module for import ColorfulTemplates content in Drupal:
- Go to Drupal Administration -> Modules.
- Enable "ColorfulTemplates Content" module under the "Other" tab.
- The "ColorfulTemplates Content Import" option will appear under Configuration -> Content Authoring.
For more information please visit: http://drupal.org/node/456